A teacher from a primary school asks her students to write an essay about what they would like God to do for them.
At the end of the day while marking the essays, she reads one that made her very emotional.
Her husband, who had just walked in saw her crying and asked her what happened.
She answered: ' Read this essay'
"Oh God, tonight I ask you something very special:
Make me into a television.
I want to take its place.
Live like the TV in my house.
Have my own special place and have my family around me.
To be taken seriously when I talk.
I want to be the centre of attention and be heard without interruptions or questions.
I want to receive the same special care that the TV receives when it is not working.
Have the company of my dad when he arrives home from work, even when he is tired.
I want my mom to want me when she is sad and upset, instead of just shouting at me or ignoring me.
I want to feel that my family just leaves everything aside, every now and then, just to spend some time with me.
Lord I don't ask you for much.... I just want to live like every TV"
At that moment the husband said ' Poor child.
What horrible parents'
His wife looked up at him and said,
' That essay is our son's'.
A Family Story
Label:
Lifesupport,
Reflection
Langganan:
Posting Komentar (Atom)
Favorites
-
I can't remember all the speeches at my commencement ceremony. But I do remember looking up on the stage to see my best friend, the va...
-
Author Joan Didion talks about how losing a loved one can make a perfectly rational person feel like she is losing her mind. Int...
-
A question was posed to Dalai Lama: "What is the thing about humanity that surprises you the most?" His answer was as follows: ...
-
Top Sites Google google.com Enables users to search the Web, Usenet, and images. Features include PageRan...
-
Just a reminder of what really is important in life!!! Shoes in Church I ...
-
#29 Edward Johnson III $11.0 billion Source: Fidelity ...
-
Terrafugia has completed flight testing of the Transition POC (Proof of Concept). Introducing the Transition®. Simply land at the airport, f...
-
BY: Anthony DeCurtis Introduction Interview A few years back, rocker Marily...
-
AP Photo #103 Carl Pohlad ...
-
Sexy Waitress in Canada Make Eyes Not Flashing Sexy waitress at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery (Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery...
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar